Representing You In All Types Of Drug-Related Cases
The state of Florida has some of the strictest drug laws in the country. If you are suspected of possessing, selling, manufacturing, delivering, or trafficking marijuana or any type of controlled substance, you may face serious felony charges, costly fines, and possibly a lengthy prison sentence. If you are facing any type of drug-related charges, your first step should be to contact the Cobb Criminal Defense Law Firm to discuss how we can help with your case.
Helping You Avoid The Harsh Penalties Of Florida Drug Charges
Florida law sets out severe consequences for drug-related crimes, and studies indicate that prison sentences for drug crimes have nearly doubled in length over the last couple of decades. For this reason, it is more important than ever to retain qualified defense attorney for help with your drug case. The sentence you may face for a drug crime depends on several factors, such as the amount of drugs that were in question and whether prosecutors allege that you simply possessed the drugs for personal use, possessed them with intent to sell, participated in a trafficking operation or other acts. For example, you may face probation for a simple possession of a small amount of marijuana, compared to first degree felony charges and up to 30 years in prison for trafficking a large amount of cocaine. Fortunately, there are a number of defenses that are possible in drug-related cases, including but not limited to the following:
- Challenging that you actually or constructively possessed the drugs
- Challenging that you intended to sell the drugs
- Fourth Amendment search and seizure issues
- Having a prescription for the drugs
- Forensic lab errors
Contact An Experienced Florida Drug Crimes Lawyer For Assistance
If you have been arrested for a suspected drug crime or are facing any type of drug-related charge, it is highly important that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible who knows how to defend drug crimes. Stephen G. Cobb at the Cobb Criminal Defense Law Firm has extensive experience and knowledge regarding representation of clients facing drug charges, so please do not hesitate to call one of our Florida offices today at (850) 669-5882 for help today.
You Might Be Interested In:
- What Is Felony Drug Possession In Florida?
- Commonly Asked Questions about Drug Cases in Florida
- Questions Regarding Out Of State / Tourist Arrests for Drug Crimes
- How Is A Controlled Substance Defined In Florida?
- How Is Possession, Sale, And Distribution Defined In Florida?
- What Are the Laws Regarding Marijuana in Florida?
- What Would Lead To A Drug Related Charge In Florida?
- Can Police Conduct A Warrant-less Search If They Suspect Drugs?
- General Procedure and Timeline For A Drug Related Charge
- Penalties Involved In Drug Related Cases and Mandatory Minimums
- Methods Attorneys Use To Prove Guilt or Innocence In Drug Cases
- Diversion Programs Available For Drug Cases
- Defense Strategies That Can Be Used In Drug Cases
- Other Questions Related To Drug Charges in Florida
- Will The Judge Take My Son’s ADHD Into Consideration?
- Should I Get A Lawyer For Drug Possession If I Am Guilty?
- Is Possession Of Marijuana Legal In Florida For Medical Use Now?
"My wife and I picked Stephen Cobb to represent me, not only because of his stellar reputation as an attorney, but because of his principles, which has inspired me to remain true to my own."Dan
"Thank you and Mr. Cobb so very much regarding your excellent services concerning this important matter."A Satisfied Client
"I could not be more satisfied with the final outcome. If you need a trustworthy, professional and honest attorney, Mr. Cobb is your man!"S. S.
"Mr. Cobb is very knowledgeable and will take the time to understand and communicate with you in a timely manner."Dreeana A.