Certified Criminal Trial Law Specialist In Florida
Stephen G. Cobb, Esquire is a highly experienced criminal defense attorney who handles a wide variety of criminal cases throughout the state of Florida. Mr. Cobb was born and raised in Northwest Florida, living in cities such as Pensacola, Fort Walton Beach, Cantonment, Okaloosa Island, Shalimar and Crestview. He is dedicated to helping the people in and around the First Judicial Circuit of Florida receive the best possible results in their criminal cases.
Stephen G. Cobb received his Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of Missouri in 1986, with an additional coursework in history and law at the Victoria University of Manchester (England). He then returned to Florida to receive his Juris Doctorate from Florida State University College of Law in 1989. Since 1990, he has focused solely on the practice of criminal defense within the state of Florida.
Experienced Criminal Defense Professional
By dedicating his law practice exclusively to criminal defense, Stephen G. Cobb has guided numerous clients to successful outcomes in their cases. He has litigated more than 10,000 criminal cases in Florida, ranging from DUI to first degree murder, and he won his first capital case in 1998. No charge is too minor or too severe to be handled by the law firm of Stephen G. Cobb.
Stephen G. Cobb is a life member of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. In 2002, the Florida Bar Association recognized him as a Certified Criminal Trial Law Specialist, which is the highest level of recognition by that association, and he was recertified in 2007.
- Florida State University College of Law – Juris Doctorate in law, 1989.
- Victoria University of Manchester (England) – completed his third undergraduate degree with courses in history and law, 1985 – 1986.
- University of Missouri – B. A. History, 1986.
- Pensacola Junior College – A. S. degrees in Computer Technology and Electronics Technology, 1982.
Attorney Stephen G. Cobb has practiced criminal defense law exclusively since 1990, and won his first Capital Case in 1998. He has litigated over 10,000 Florida criminal cases from DUI and Domestic Violence to First Degree Murder.
Mr. Cobb has also taught Evidence Law at the University of West Florida and LSAT (Legal Scholastic Aptitude Test) preparation.
Providing assistance to Florida communities:
In addition to obtaining favorable results for countless criminal clients in Florida, Mr. Cobb also taught courses in Evidence Law at the University of West Florida and preparation for the Legal Scholastic Aptitude Test (LSAT). He also has been involved in the following projects in Florida:
- Founding Director of Brain Health Alliance (2007)
- Founder of Florida Criminal Law Blog (2007 – present)
- Founder of One Stop Therapy Program (2005 – present)
- Certified as a Criminal Trial Law Specialist by the Florida Bar Association Board of Legal Specialization and Education (2002); recertified in 2007.
- Founder, Florida Criminal Law Newsletter (2002 – present)
- Founder and first President of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Okaloosa-Walton Chapter (2002 – 2006)
- Secretary of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Okaloosa-Walton Chapter (2006)
- Founder, False Domestic Violence Charge Awareness Month (June of each year) (2002)
- Founder, Producer and Host of Florida Criminal Law television show (2001 – present)
- Who’s Who of Business and Executives USA (2000)
- Founder, Free Ride Home (1997-2004)
- Founder, Cobb Criminal Defense Law Firm
- Updated Lawyer Training Manuel for American Bar Association 2022
If you are facing any type of criminal charges or have been arrested in Florida, please do not hesitate to call an experienced Florida criminal defense attorney at the Cobb Criminal Defense Law Firm at (850) 423-0035 as soon as possible for help.