Destin DUI Lawyer
If you have been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence (DUI) in or around Destin, Florida, it is imperative that you seek assistance from a highly experienced DUI defense attorney who understands the criminal justice system in Florida. A conviction for DUI can have harsh penalties and long-lasting effects on your life, your freedom, your reputation, and even your professional opportunities.
Anyone facing DUI charges should call Destin DUI defense lawyer Stephen G. Cobb at the Cobb Criminal Defense Law Firm at 850-651-6565 as soon as possible.
Potential penalties of a DUI
The consequences of a DUI conviction can vary depending on many factors, including whether you had a prior DUI conviction on your record, the level of your blood alcohol content (BAC), whether you caused an accident or injuries, and more. Some of the most common penalties for DUI offenders in Florida include:
- Fines and court costs
- Suspension of your driver’s license
- Ignition interlock device on your vehicle
- Jail time
- Mandatory alcohol education classes or treatment
- Community service
In addition to court-imposed penalties, you may lose your job if you are a commercial driver or if your job requires a valid license or clean driving record.
Defending against DUI charges
Fortunately for DUI defendants, an experienced attorney can identify many ways to defend against these charges to avoid wrongful conviction and to limit the consequences you face. The following are only some examples of potential defenses in a Florida DUI case:
- The officer did not administer field sobriety tests correctly.
- The traffic stop was not valid and violated your 4th amendment rights.
- Signs of possible intoxication, including red and watery eyes or disorientation, were actually due to fatigue, medication, or other factors.
- The breathalyzer device was not properly maintained and calibrated.
- The forensic lab made an error in testing your blood sample.
Call an experienced Destin DUI attorney today
DUI cases can be complex and can have serious implications. Stephen G. Cobb is a board certified criminal trial law specialist in Florida and has successfully defended numerous DUI clients. Please call the Cobb Criminal Defense Law Firm at 850-651-6565 for help today.
Get your questions answered - call me for your free, 20 min phone consultation (850) 466-1522