Criminal law resources provided by a board certified criminal law expert
Being accused of a criminal offense in Florida is a serious matter and has the potential to result in serious legal consequences, including fines, probation, restitution, and even jail time. Furthermore, the penalties associated for people with multiple convictions escalate very quickly, sometimes involving significant prison sentences. As a result, it is extremely important that anyone accused of a criminal offense in Florida retain legal counsel as soon as possible. In addition to retaining legal counsel, people who are facing allegations of criminal misconduct can also learn as much as possible about the legal system as possible. The links below are intended to help laypeople learn about criminal law and also recognize the importance of retaining an experienced attorney to handle any criminal matter that they may face. In the vast majority of cases, the final outcome of a criminal case is much better for people who retain legal representation that those who choose to represent themselves. To schedule a free consultation with Florida board certified criminal trial specialist Stephen G. Cobb, call our office today at (850) 466-1522.
Links to State And Federal Courts:
- Florida State Courts – A useful link with helpful information regarding the Florida state court system, where most criminal cases that occur in Florida are litigated.
- United States Supreme Court – The official website of the United States Supreme Court, with access to court opinions, information about the justices, as well as court procedures.
- Black’s Law Dictionary – Link to an online version of Black’s Law Dictionary, the most commonly used legal dictionary in the United States.
- Wikipedia entry on Criminal Law – A comprehensive “crowdsourced” introduction to criminal law and the various issues that often arise during a criminal case.
- Summaries of Criminal Cases Heard by the United States Supreme Court – The United States Supreme Court issues opinions interpreting laws that are binding in every jurisdiction in the country. Many aspects of criminal law that are central to our system have been developed through case law issued by the Supreme Court. This link provides summaries of these cases from 1991 to the present by the University of North Carolina School of Government.
- Overview of Criminal Law – Published by Cornell University Law School’s Legal Information Institute, this overview provides a good primer on criminal law and provides readers with access to a substantial number of resource links.
- United States Courts Criminal Cases Information – Information published by the federal government regarding criminal law and how a criminal case moves through the justice system.
- Florida Criminal Law – The full text of Florida’s criminal law statutes published at the official state website.
- The Florida Bar – The agency in Florida that is responsible for the regulation of lawyers and the legal profession. The site includes information about the process through which an attorney can become licensed, minimum requirements for becoming an attorney in Florida, and information on how lawyers become board certified specialists in particular areas of law.
- The Florida Legislature – The official website of the Florida legislature. Includes information regarding Florida laws, publications, information about the legislative process, and helpful links.
- Florida Bar – Criminal Law Section – The official website of the criminal law section of the Florida Bar.
- Auburn Bail Bonds | Placer County | Directly Across From Jail
- Whitney S. Boan, P.A. in Orlando, Florida
- Injury Lawyer Miami
Other Criminal Defense Attorney Links
- Kostopoulos Law Group, LLC – A law firm based in Chicago representing individuals accused of crimes in Illinois.
- The Zeiger Firm – A Philadelphia criminal defense law firm representing people accused of various criminal offenses.
- The Criminal Defense Expert
- Florida DUI Lawyer
- Florida Criminal Law Experts
- Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Lawyer – Phoenix, AZ
- Law Offices Randy Collins
Get your questions answered - call me for your free, 20 min phone consultation (850) 466-1522