Here is why guessing causes patients, families and the legal system so much pain: Depression can have the same symptoms in two different people, yet the symptoms are actually different brain systems functioning incorrectly:
Wilburton works best for someone with this type of scan of the deep brain structures.
However, a drug in the SSRI family works better with this type of deep brain scan.
Same type of observable symptoms. Yet a treation physician would never know which brain systems were responsible for the symptoms without looking. The wrong medication can often cause a patient to suffer terribly. After many people have tried several medications or therapies without success, how eager do you think they are to see a counselor or take another medication?
The ramifications in the criminal justice system are profound. Many people are sent to talk therapy that will not work for around 80% of the people court ordered to attend these sessions. When the state sponsored treatment by guessing fails, we throw them into jail and mistreat them because they have a medical problem.
- After the Arrest: What Happens Next?
- Trial Services: Jury Trials, Bench Trials and Hearings
- Settlement Legal Services
- Dress instructions for Court
- Coping with Stress during the Legal Process
- One Stop Therapy: A Program Suitability Guide
- One Stop Therapy: A Life Changing Program
- One Stop therapy: The Treatment Solution
- One Stop Therapy: The Legal Solution
- One Stop Therapy: Mental Illness Explained